Many of the gamers face issues of lagging while playing Minecraft. You don’t need to worry. I will explain how to allocate more ram to Minecraft twitch launcher and other launchers too. Allocating more ram will fix the issue of lagging.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Twitch? Here’s the Secret
Twitch launcher, aka curse launcher, is well known for installing heavy mod packs. Allocating more ram to the twitch launcher is very easy and a few steps away.
- Firstly, in the top right corner, click on the three lines slider. In that slider, through the files option, you can open settings. However, pressing CTRL + comma key will also open the settings of the launcher.
- Secondly, select Minecraft and move to the bottom of the screen. Thirdly, a java settings option will be available there; please choose. Finally, a slider will be present there to see the currently allocated ram. Often, the allocated ram is 3,228 MBS. You can adjust the slider by easily moving it.
- Now, you’re done with allocating the required ram to the twitch launcher. Now move back to Mods, open Minecraft and start enjoying without interruption.
Suppose you’re currently playing Minecraft through ATLauncher and experiencing lag. Then don’t worry, I will help you fix it. Increasing the allocated ram to your launcher will fix this issue quickly.
The launcher allows its users to increase ram quickly without coding. So it will be a few clicks away.
- In the first step, launch the Atlauncher on your system.
- After that, on the right side of the screen, you will see several options. Choose the setting option from there.
- The third step is to select the Minecraft or Java tab from the top of the screen.
Finally, you can allocate ram from there efficiently through different options. Among those, your desired one is “maximum ram or memory.” Now, you can type the amount of ram you want to assign. However, you can also use upward and downward arrows to adjust the amount of RAM easily.
When you’re done with these steps, click on the save option. Keep in mind one thing, if you’re playing with heavy mod packs. Then you must allocate a minimum of 4 GB of ram.
The Default Launcher
Default launcher of Minecraft also comes with the option of changing the amount of allocated ram.
- Firstly, launch the Minecraft app and choose the version you want to play(Java or Bedrock). Secondly, choose the installation option from tabs on top of the screen. In that section, a list of release versions will be available; please select the most recent one.
- Thirdly, move your cursor to the recent version, and through three dots, select edit. Fourthly, in that section, you will see many options; scroll down until you see JVM arguments. It consists of many codes, but don’t worry if you are not aware of coding.
- Finally, find the code that looks like this, “-Xmx#G,” here “#” indicates the amount of ram assigned. Change this now to your desired amount. You can allocate a maximum of your system Ram. However, it will affect many other applications if running in the background.
After following all these steps, click on the save button and enjoy the game. Noticeable differences can be observed now; the game will not lag anymore.
You might be using a technic launcher; it is similar to ATlauncher. Gamers use it to install additional heavy mod packs for Minecraft.
Suppose you like other gamers using the technic launcher. You must be well aware of its user interface. I will explain simple steps through which you can easily change the amount of ram allocated. Here is how,
- Firstly, open the technic launcher, and in the top right corner, select the gear icon to open settings.
- Secondly, after choosing the gear option, you will see the Java tab for settings.
- Thirdly, you will easily find a drop-down menu with a memory heading. From that section, you can easily change the memory allocated. Please select at least 4 GB of ram, as it is the minimum requirement for mod packs.
- In the final phase, your changes will automatically be saved by the launcher.
Suppose you’re playing Minecraft with modpacks for a long time. You might be the one who has not used this launcher or even aware of its name. Most gamers use other launchers as described above.
FTB launcher is one of those launchers that is easy to use and manage. In the case of ram allocation, you’ll experience the same thing.
Below are the steps to follow to change the amount of ram allocated to the launcher.
- Firstly, open the FTB launcher on your device.
- In the next step, you must select an option.
- Thirdly, you will find a slider under that section that you can use to adjust your RAM.
- Finally, it will increase the allocated ram by 0.25 GB each point if you move towards the right side. Similarly, moving to the left will decrease the allocated ram by 0.25 GB for each mark.
It is a simple most procedure as compared to other launchers. You don’t need to worry about saving changes; it’s automatic.
How Much RAM Does Minecraft Need?
The minimum requirement of ram is based on your Minecraft application. You must have 2 GB of ram if playing with available plugins only and not using any mods. Furthermore, the minimum requirement is 4 GB for normal to heavy gameplay (mods included).
Newer versions of Minecraft (1.12+ packs) with normal to heavy gameplay require more ram. It sometimes demands more than 6 GB.
Your system may have enough ram to run Minecraft smoothly. However, sometimes the required ram is not correctly assigned to gameplay.
Now you have a general understanding of how much ram is needed for smooth gameplay. Moreover, in the article, I will explain how to allocate ram in several launchers for you.
Make Sure You Have RAM To Spare
Before you try to allocate more ram to any launcher, you must check how much ram is available in your system. Checking available ram is as simple as you can think.
- Firstly, move to devise settings. It is available in the start menu with a gear icon on most of the devices.
- After that, select the about option, or you can search it from the search bar easily. In the About section, the device specification option is available. Click on it.
- Finally, from that section, you can check the installed ram on your device. In the screenshot shown below. You can see available ram is 4 GB, out of which is 3.88 GB usable.
What will happen when you allocate more ram to your launcher?
If you were feeling lag before in the game, it wouldn’t happen now. The game will run smoothly without any crashes. You will love to play without interruption.
Bugs may be the cause for the game crash. Don’t worry; the increasing ram will solve this issue too. As it will prevent or postpone the game from crashing.
Why do we need to increase allocated ram? With time, the game comes with new upgraded features/options and a better display. Thus, it requires more ram to run smoothly.
While allocating more ram to the Minecraft launcher, you must have installed a 64-bit java version. It is because the 32-bit version of java doesn’t allow users to allocate more than 4 GB.
What are the minimum requirements to run Minecraft smoothly?
You might be searching for requirements to install Minecraft. Minimum Requirements to install Minecraft on different devices are as follows.
Minecraft minimum requirements for Windows 10
Operating system of Windows 10 (v17135.0) or higher. Processor of AMD FX-4100 or Intel Celeron J4105. 4 GB of ram and DirectX12FL11. Video card is also essential, i.e, AMD Radeon R5 or Intel HD Graphics 4000
Minecraft recommended requirements for Windows 10
Operating system of Windows 10 (v17135.0) or higher. Processor of AMD A8-6600K or Intel i7-6500U. 8 GB of ram and DirectX12FL11. Video card is also essential, i.e, AMD Radeon HD 8570D or NVIDIA GeForce 940M
You can enjoy Minecraft on PS4 and PS5 only. Moreover, you can quickly get download and install from the PlayStation store.
Suppose you have an Xbox and want to play Minecraft. Then you must have either these Xbox devices or upgrade. List includes Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox One.
Furthermore, you must have an Xbox One OS. If you meet these requirements, you can finally install Minecraft from the Microsoft Store on Xbox.
Sometimes it happens that the launcher does not allow allocating more than 2 GB. It is because you don’t have the correct or updated version of Java installed. You might be using a 32-bit Java version. Download the 64-bit Java version and install it.
After installing the 64-bit version, your launcher will allow you to allocate more ram efficiently.
Suppose your game keeps on crashing or not responding correctly. Then you need to allocate more ram. Above in the article, I have explained how much ram to assign. Reading it will be helpful.
Minecraft truly is the best game to play. Gamers have enjoyed playing it since it was launched. However, most of them face issues of lagging, as explained in the article. But I’m sure now you came to know how to allocate more ram to Minecraft twitch and other launchers.
Dennis Wade is a gaming enthusiast and an avid gamer. His professional career in the digital marketing industry spans over six years with experience in SEO, social media, and content writing. Dennis has written hundreds of articles on gaming tips and reviews for different websites including Gamingkk.com
He also loves to play games such as Minecraft, PUBG, COD, GTA V, and many other games which he often streams live on Twitch or uploads videos onto Youtube or his website Gamingkk.com
Furthermore, he was one of the first people who were able to make a living off streaming their gameplay live online via Twitch because of his dedication towards studying how to create engaging content for viewers. He’s now been doing it full-time.