How to allocate more ram to Minecraft with easy steps? It is well-known that Minecraft offers an incredible gaming experience, even; on low-end hardware. Despite Minecraft’s pixel-block design, it is resource-heavy. The likelihood of facing frame drops, lag spikes, and other issues are less likely on powerful PCs. You will get rid of the lag spikes, crashes by adding more RAM usage. So, how to allocate and dedicate more ram to Minecraft within a few seconds? Let’s read this ultimate guide.
A big reason why PCs lag is when they have too many mods and shaders. There are times, however, when Minecraft RAM allocation is the culprit as well. For Minecraft, 4 GB is the minimum RAM requirement. Sometimes, even with enough RAM, players may suffer lag spikes.
How much ram Minecraft needs will be explained. You will never suffer any game lag and crashes due to the low amount of RAM allocations. When you increase the RAM amount, you will feel a better experience with your gaming.
Here we are showing many launchers. There are different ways for launchers to allocate more RAM. You’ll see below many ways to how to allocate ram to Minecraft on Windows 10 and Mac as well.
How Much Ram Does Minecraft Need
The decision rests with you. If you’re playing Minecraft with special effects like Minecraft smite enchantment then you might face lags. If your device has not had more than 4 GB ram, your game will face more lag. If your device has a space of more than 4 GB ram, you may experience better gaming.
- When you are writing the amount of ram, it should be 4 GB.
- We will share several ways to give more ram to Minecraft.
How to Check Java Installation
If you install the latest void launcher, you can automatically find the Java edition on your Computer. On the other hand, you can download the latest version to get Java along with it.
Furthermore, if there is not enough memory available, it causes the crash. You will be unable to connect with the server, or you can’t even start your game. At that stage, it’s crucial to install more to resolve the issue. Similarly, if you have enough memory on your PC, you won’t have such problems, and you will enjoy gaming.
On the other hand, if you are still facing issues with your Minecraft server. Even if the latest Java version is installed correctly, you need to give more memory to your system. Make sure that you have shut down all the different applications. For example, close all games and google browser tabs.
In addition, if you have done all the above steps but still have the problem, manually install the memory. Forgoing to give memory, pick more than 1 GB. If you have Windows with 32 bits Java installed, you will have a limit of 1.5 GB Ram only.
After checking the total ram and java installation, you can start allocating the memory to your Minecraft. Here are some insights into dedicating more ram to your Minecraft launchers, servers, and mods.
Explanation Of Minecraft’s Ram Usage
In pixelated games, the number of assets can be nervous. In addition, the game will load each block individually so that memory usage will vary. As a result, you’ll get stutters, dropped frames, disconnects, and even crashes when your PC loads thousands of blocks at once.
The reason for this is that you don’t have enough RAM. Minecraft is different in this regard. Due to the number of assets loaded and what they do, these games use much memory. Logic gates are a good example. Imagine that you have a beautiful home design that is entirely beautiful.
It uses Restone or logic gates that work as an egg or animal farm. Even if the house is two times bigger, then the farm will need more memory.
There is no other processing when you load the house. On the other way, farms more process during installing or storing the items like animal’s behavior. In simple words, the house load at one time, but farms are loads continuously.
When your PC doesn’t have enough RAM, that causes FPS to drop automatically.
If your RAM frequently loads, then your opponents can attack you. Therefore, I will suggest you increase your RAM usage to protect yourself from opponents.
You will have many blocks to load if you begin to build. Minecraft servers will need more RAM when creativity gets out of hand. Each time a player views the area, they will load.
Video Guide for Minecraft RAM Allocation
Here is the written ultimate guide to save your maximum time:
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft
Want to know how to dedicate more ram to your Minecraft? If you think you do not have the correct version of JAVA, Minecraft will not allow you to dedicate more RAM. Firstly, you need to download the best latest Java version of about 32 or 64 bit from the internet source.
1) How to Allocate More RAM to Any Minecraft Launcher Using Graphics Settings
You may be seeing every website talking about editing the ram allocation. But, if I tell you there is some secret way to remove all the lags and run it smoothly without any editing process?
Here are some steps to how to allocate more ram to Minecraft in a legit way:
Step 1: Optimize Power Settings
First thing first, you need to optimize your PC or laptop power settings. On windows 8,8.1,10,11, Open the start menu and go to your system settings. Search here for ‘Power.’ Open power settings and move your cursor to the right-sidebar. Here you’ll see ‘Additional power settings.’
When you click on additional power settings, the new tab will be open. In the left sidebar, you’ll see ‘Create a power plan.’ Click on it, and select the ‘High Performance’ option. Then click next and apply to save changes.
Step 2: Optimize Graphics Settings
In this step, you’re going to love this method! Open your graphics settings either you have the best graphics card for your Minecraft Nvidia or AMD.
After that, open the ‘Manage 3d Settings’ tab. Click on Program Settings and select or browse Minecraft launcher. Now, the main part is here. You should always choose the preferred graphics processor GPU for your primary processor. In my case, I’m selecting Nvidea, my preferred processor.
What it will do, it will use your GPU performance to enhance the entire gaming experience. And, by default, your system might not be using the dedicated graphics processor for Minecraft, and that caused lags.
After that, click save and apply to save the changes!
Step 3: All done!
Now you’re ready to go! Try this method first. If you got a fantastic experience with this secret method exclusively by Gamingkk, then you must share this article with your friends 🙂 Also, check more ways which are mentioned below to allocate the RAM like a pro.
2) Default Minecraft launcher
The default Minecraft launcher will help you to improve your game. Here are the steps how to allocate more Ram to Minecraft;
- Step 1: Choose the version of java and bedrock. It depends on your choice which you want to use. Now open the Minecraft launcher.
- Step 2: Now, you can see many tabs present at the top of the screen. Go for the installation tabs. Here you see a detailed list of releases.
- Step 3: Click on the release version you wish to play. There may only be one option (the latest version) if you haven’t set up any other specific versions. No matter what, three white dots should be visible on the right.
- Step 4: Now, click on the three dots by going through the down tabs. After that, a new screen is shown on the PC screen that has other options. You can edit the file name and go for the installation version.
- Step 5: choose more options. Go down until you see the arguments of JVM.
- Step 6: Now, change the code.
When there is #, it means there you put the amount of RAM. For example, you see a code of Xmx#G; you have to place the # with the amount of ram you want to allocate. If you put the Xmx4G, it means you want to use 4 GB ram.
- Step 7- Now, to save changes, click on the green button to save your files. After that, if you ON the game immediately, you feel the betterment of the game.
Note: Do not modify any other text fields within the modal.
3) FTB launcher (Legacy feed the beast)
FTB stands for Feed the Beast. This is a group of developers who make high-quality Minecraft mods. And many people ask how to add more ram to FTB mods to play their heavy mods smoothly.
That’s why I search for hours and extract valid information regarding FTB RAM allocation. You can see that Minecraft is pixelated, all fun and blocky shape, but you can’t fold it. For the long going of Minecraft launcher and excellent game modes, the constant update to Launcher will be better. Same as the new expansion packs to the game will prove a pretty sound action.
There is no hard and fast rule to download and install it. The FTB launcher is one of the most straightforward launchers to increase ram allocation. If you think another launcher has complex steps, you may go for this. It involves a few steps. Here you go;
- Step 1: Open the FTB and press for more options.
- Step 2: Have a look for the ram maximum (MB).
- Step 3: Drag the slide bar to set the amount of ram you want. Make sure that you are putting a reasonable number of ram.
4) Technic Launcher
Technic launcher is another great launcher in the modded world of Minecraft. Due to the modification, you require more ram to run it smoothly. So, let’s see how to allocate more ram to the Minecraft technic launcher in detail.
As you know, the experts enhance game performance. It was hidden, which can increase the action after installing it. The task assigned to it is to install 10,000 modpacks from a third party.
Furthermore, the Tech team didn’t bring more modifications in their modpacks to power up the game. The essential maintenance was also ignored for years. After little change, It has got a good position in its community.
Moreover, there are multiple stages involved in it to work. The modpacks and other content are plentiful in the current version. It has modpacks management, download, playing, and a page for news.
In addition, that game needs to be played smoothly. It’s a common issue of lagging while playing the game. That issue is due to the less use of memory in the modded Minecraft server. In the whole article, we try to show you the steps to add more ram.
Likewise, why do we need more RAM to raise the Minecraft tab value? The two reasons are involved in it.
- To stop the crashes.
- More memory can render more quickly.
Also, both of those causes are linked to not having enough memory. It gives the speed of your computer. The function of your PC slams down, and the device looks useless.
Furthermore, a computer system needs at least 384 MB of Ram for its better function. But, It requires a minimum of 1 GB of memory. That saves the information of the player, blocks, and many things. With its absence, you will face a memory error.
Besides, before starting to resolve the issue, check if other applications are working. But that’s not helpful for a long time because you will need different things to operate along with.
On top of that, the Minecraft server speeds up with the mod pack. There are many modpacks. Some of the clients require advanced performance. That process is not complex with the help of Technic launchers not having enough ram.
Likewise, if you are experiencing that your Computer is not accepting more than 2GB, find out the correct Java Edition. The Java 8 with 64 bit is provided on the Java website. Make sure, install the RAM according to your system capacity. Never try to exceed its amount forcefully. I can lower your system.
You should be familiar with Technic’s user interface if you use it. You may find out how you can utilize its simple skills to boost Minecraft’s RAM. Here are the steps to allocate ram to your technic launcher:
- Step 1: Firstly, open the technic launcher, and go for the setting. You can see an icon of gear at the top of the screen.
- Step 2: you should click on the icon, along with clicking on the java settings tab.
- Step 3: you can go down to see the drop menu. Click on the option as memory.
- Step 4: Now, you can choose the memory allocation for Minecraft. One thing to note, you need about 4 GB ram for the game.
- Step 5: Changes will be automatically saved. But, wait for a second before shutting down the technical launcher.
5) AT launcher
Minecraft ATlauncher can be intensive gameplay, even it has simple graphic features and style. You will see many things running in the background, particularly when the game is with Redstone-weighted builds.
When you throw mods in a mixture, you will see enough standard amount RAM that is feasible for your Minecraft launcher. You will start to notice the disturbing things that come in between the game.
Getting the Java version is the first and foremost thing. You can get and allocate more RAM to Minecraft ATlauncher when you have the Java version installed. Download the Java and get 8 64 bit.
Using the ATLauncher on 32-bit Java is not preferable. 2 GB is recommended for the best performance and in order. If your system or device has not had 64-bit Java, you cannot allocate more than 1 GB. Here is the limit of Java and the launcher.
Are you running a 64-bit navigating system but still able to allocate only 1 GB of Memory? Then you must download the 64-bit Java for more RAM.
If you have done that, however, you can, in any case, allot 1 GB of RAM, then basically uninstall all renditions of Java, restart your PC, and afterward introduce 64 cycles of Java.
Here are the few steps to increase Minecraft ram on the AT Launcher;
- Step 1: Download and install the launcher.
- Step 2: Open the launcher and go for the setting option.
- Step 3: Now, click on java. It may show some more options regarding the memory status of your device. Look for the maximum memory ram.
- Step 4: Now, write the GB RAM you want in the maximum memory RAM option.
Note: one thing to remember is that the maximum amount of ram should be 4096 MB.
- Step 5: Hit the save button. Now your file is saved. Exit the launcher and play the game without any crashes.
6) Curseforge Minecraft launcher
The curse forge launcher has different ways to download and install it. Here we show how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft and enjoy the game.
- Step 1: Download and install the launcher.
- Step 2: Once the installation is complete, click on the Launch and then choose Minecraft.
- Step 3: Wait for seconds to install Minecraft.
- Step 4: Now, search the browse Mod pack and install it.
- Step 5: When it starts. Go to open the curse launcher again. There you search Minecraft.
- Step 6: click on the setting. Copy the Minecraft folder.
- Step 7: Now, you need to replace the minecraft.exe or minecraft.jar.
- Step 8: When you replace the launcher. Go to the forge launcher.
- Step 9: finish the settings. Go to the mod tabs.
- Step 10: Now, click on the play button. It requires downloading the needed files. Keep calm here. It takes a few moments to download the files. After that, click the done button.
Enjoy the game with better performance.
7) Voids Wrath Launcher
The Voids’ wrath Launcher is the best, having the custom mod packs. Steps to increase the ram space are so easy by using this launcher.
- Step 1: Open the Voidswrath launcher after installation. You can see the top of the screen where you click the ”Option”.
- Step 2: Let’s come to how to increase memory for Minecraft? When you see the Minecraft options, go to the memory dropdown, press it.
- Step 3: is Now, you can set the amount of your needed ram for Minecraft. (After setting the amount of ram, never forget to save changes)
- Step 4: Restart the game after finishing the changes.
8) Minecraft Server
There is always a question in the mind of Minecraft game lovers about how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft servers to get more enjoyment?
Minecraft is well known for the last few years among game players. You can find that game on Windows, Android, Mac, or iOS platforms. Minecraft takes your 1 GB of RAM. It happens by default. For getting a great gaming experience, you need to allocate more RAM.
Moreover, that’s not a big thing to do. Not only can an expert resolve that issue, but you can also. There are correct instructions to follow, which make it possible. The 2.0.0 update allows you to increase Minecraft ram.
Furthermore, we should know first about the Minecraft server. The beginners don’t know anything about it. It’s a mode to play with multiple players. That online opportunity allows you to communicate with other players. It’s an advanced level to get experience in gaming.
In addition, you have to provide more tools for managing the server in case of hosting. There are many requirements for that purpose. Devoted servers, rented servers, LAN, and multiplayer software are involved in such changes.
With all the above-mentioned many requirements, RAM is also a vital part of the wanted change. The additional RAM you require is 3 GB. The more virtual memory, the better results you can get. Hence, allocating more RAM to a Minecraft server leads to the best gaming experience.
Last but not least, if you are running your server with low RAM, it won’t support the game users. So, how to give Minecraft server more ram? If You have to decide to increase Minecraft server ram to assist the users, then you need to do the following steps:
Note that: Windows 10 Computers support that method. There are different ways for Linux and MAC-containing devices.
- Step 1: Open server files of Minecraft from the folder.
- Step 2: Select ‘New’ and then ‘Text Document’ after right-clicking the black folder space.
- Step 3: Paste the following code in the document:
“java-Xmx####M-Xms####M.exeMinecraft_Server.exe -o true”
Put the megabyte RAM amount in the place of “####.” Suppose, if you want to add up 2 GB, the code will be;
“java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true”
- Step 4: Click on “Save As” after clicking on “File.” Now, replace the “Save As Type” to “All Files” and then save it.
- Step 5: When the document is saved, change the name of the folder to ‘fileserverlauncher.bat.’ java
- Step 6: Click on the newly made .bat file to the server with the more installed ram.
Tip: You can follow the same steps for other servers, too, like forge server.
9) Minecraft Mac
Whether using your previous laptop or the newer ones, you are stuck working, especially when too many tabs are open. That will also generate a problem if your allocated RAM to the Minecraft server is limited.
Suppose your laptop or computer does not have enough physical memory. Then, automatically, it will start shifting your data to your complex device or SSD card, making your laptop’s operating system even slower than ever.
More importantly, not every modern laptop will provide you an approach to the RAM. But, many do offer you a way to upgrade your Minecraft Memory.
Fortunately, there is a mixture of simple tricks. By following them, you can efficiently know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. Each of them is much clear and simple.
- Firstly, If you use your Minecraft version, it will be easier to allocate the RAM of launcher version 1.6 within 2.0 X.
- Furthermore, you can rapidly check match the number of launcher versions in the lower-left corner of the launcher framework.
- If you are editing a server’s RAM, for this reason, you will need to generate a file that will demonstrate Minecraft with more memory.
10) Minecraft Java Edition
Since 2009, Minecraft has become the most popular as other games lose popularity after some time. But Minecraft is increasing in popularity day by day. To play the game smoothly, you need to have more ram usage. I’m about to tell you how to allocate more ram to Minecraft java edition in quick steps.
- Step 1: I would recommend you open up the game client (the Java version).
- Step 2: On the user interface, select the installation Java settings tab.
- Step 3: Click the game’s icon. Then next, click the three dots. Finally, choose the version you want to do if you have more than one.
- Step 4: A drop-down menu will appear. After selecting edit, you will also see a new menu.
- Step 5: Scroll down to see more options.
- Step 6: You’ll see some options with text.
- Step 7: Change the -Xmx#G argument in the JVM argument to set more RAM. For example, suppose you wanted to allocate 4GB of RAM, you would modify the text to -Xmx4G.
- Step 8: Then click on Save.
11) Minecraft Twitch
Many of the gamers face issues of lagging while playing Minecraft. You don’t need to worry. I will explain how to allocate more ram to Minecraft twitch launcher too. Allocating more ram will fix the issue of lagging.
Twitch launcher, aka curse launcher, is well known for installing heavy mod packs. Allocating more ram to the twitch launcher is very easy and a few steps away.
- Firstly, in the top right corner, click on the three lines slider. In that slider, through the files option, you can open settings. However, pressing CTRL + comma key will also open the settings of the launcher.
- Secondly, select Minecraft and move to the bottom of the screen. Thirdly, a java settings option will be available there; please choose. Finally, a slider will be present there to see the currently allocated ram. Often, the allocated ram is 3,228 MBS. You can adjust the slider by easily moving it.
- Now, you’re done with allocating the required ram to the twitch launcher. Now move back to Mods, open Minecraft and start enjoying without interruption.
Sometimes, there are common issues after putting more ram to Minecraft.
- The Game Is Not Responding
In most cases, this is due to not allocating enough RAM. There is likely a need for more ram if you experience lags or the launcher keeps freezing or crashing.
- The Launcher Is Not Providing The Ram More Than 2 Gb
When you try to set the amount of ram, it does not work. It is due to the Java version; maybe you installed the old version of the java launcher. To download Java 8 64 bit, close the launcher and download it. Upon installing this, returning to the launcher should allow you to use more RAM than the default.
Why Should I Allocate More RAM to Minecraft?
Minecraft can benefit from more RAM in two ways;
- Adding more RAM to Minecraft will make the game run smoothly and without lag when you are experiencing poor performance due to not having enough RAM.
- After increasing ram, your game will not face any crashes.
Method to Check How Much RAM a Window 10 uses?
Here you will know about how much ram a window 10 uses in real-time task manager. Here is a key to access the taskbar manager.
Hit control + Alt + Delete
After pressing all the keys, the task manager will show you all the apps and software running on your PC. Furthermore, you’ll be able to view how much memory or RAM the game takes.
What are some ways to clean up the RAM in Windows 10?
One of the simplest and easiest ways to clean up all the RAM from Windows 10 is to restart your PC.
How can I optimize RAM on Windows 10?
When you feel your PC is working so slow, do the things given below. It will clear up all caches opened behind.
Clear The Caches First
If you think your PC is not running well or loading the files late, you must clear all the caches. Cached files can load fast, but they consume more memory, so you must delete them to benefit your PC.
Make Sure About Software Updating
It is always the old version of an app or software that gets more memory. Try to keep the apps and software updated because it works at optimal speed. Furthermore, it takes minimum RAM.
Maintain The Processes
Have a check on your PC memory. If you think the RAM is out of space, press the key to open the task manager. It will tell you about how much ram one software or app is taking.
How Can RAM Affect Minecraft?
The RAM is only the factor to play the Minecraft server well. It’s the platform for gamers if they want their gaming experience best.
RAM is only a way to have short-term memory. It stores all the data of the Minecraft server. For example, if you suffer a bad or slow game performance, you can speed it up by using the RAM. It all depends on how much ram you have entered if you put 4 GB RAM, your experience in 3d gaming.
Can I have a 6 GB Minecraft ram allocation?
If you wish to avoid crashes or memory problems, you must put your Minecraft server on a RAM allocation. We have mentioned many launchers through which you can add RAM of your choice. According to us, the 4 GB RAM is the best option for better performance.
What’s the Standard RAM for Technic Launcher?
2.5 GB to 3.5 GB is the best option for solid memory. They have been added as memory options in the launcher. The Java 0.7.2 version is excellent for such activity.
What’s the Way to Fix Memory Issues?
There is only one way to raise the performance is to install the driver. From the top right corner, click on the gear option and then add RAM from Java settings.
How Much Memory Does Your Game Need to Perform Well?
Without mods, 3GB is fine. But with mods, you should install 4GB to 5GB. Also, it would help if you shut down other programs. You should avoid virtual memory use. The physical one is alright to use it.
Does Your Game Influence too Much Use of Memory?
The game puts a lot of load on your operating system. It puts your design on a worse level. It’s better to avoid too much use.
What is the Reason Behind the Use of So Much RAM?
It is required because of the high load of the game on your computer or server.
How Much Memory Does FTB Modpack Need?
You need 4 GB of revelation memory recommended for all the clients and servers for best results. Also, Java version 8 is best for that gaming activity. Java 9 is the latest version, but it’s not suggesting at all. The support team of FTB revelation helps to solve the problem if any.
Is 8 GB Good Memory to Use for Gaming?
You should know allocating more RAM to Minecraft Technic Launcher. 8 GB is enough for most users, but if you want to operate other applications, you need about 16 GB or more. The less value can put your Computer at risk and cause lagging. Similarly, if you have more than your requirement, it can’t improve much.
Should I Use all 4 RAM Slots?
It’s not essential to use all the slots. Most of the people add up according to their requirements from time to time.
What’s the ideal RAM for the Minecraft server 10+?
The 1 GB Ram is good for Windows, but Linus should contain an additional 1 GB to run the game smoothly.
What is the significance of 2 GB RAM for a Minecraft server?
2 GB RAM is better for a small server. Minecraft’s servers are not compatible with less than 2 GB.
What’s the better amount of RAM for Hypixel?
2048 Megabytes is best for Hypixel.
How to allocate ram to Minecraft server 1.16.5?
6 GB to 8 GB RAMs is best for such Minecraft 1.16.5 server. The amount more than that is not helpful. As for the ram should be fine with 6GB, and anything more than 8GB isn’t helpful at all, or you may run modded gameplay, but you can’t. Also, read about allocating ram to the 2.1 Minecraft launcher.
Can you Allocate too Much RAM to Minecraft?
Is it possible to allocate too much RAM to Minecraft? Minecraft can use too much RAM, and when this happens, your RAM gets moved to your disk. Even if you are using an SSD, your game will lag a little when extra RAM is needed.
What is a Twitch launcher?
Overwolf recently moved from Twitch to this launcher. The Curseforge Launcher must be installed if you are a new user trying to run Modpacks. Modpack launchers install, update, and play Modpacks on your computer.
What will happen when you allocate more ram to your launcher?
If you were feeling lag before in the game, it wouldn’t happen now. The game will run smoothly without any crashes. You will love to play without interruption.
Bugs may be the cause of the game crash. Don’t worry; the increasing ram will solve this issue too. As it will prevent or postpone the game from crashing.
Why do we need to increase allocated ram? With time, the game comes with new upgraded features/options and a better display. Thus, it requires more ram to run smoothly.
While allocating more ram to the Minecraft launcher, you must have installed a 64-bit java version. It is because the 32-bit version of java doesn’t allow users to allocate more than 4 GB.
What are the minimum requirements to run Minecraft smoothly?
You might be searching for requirements to install Minecraft. Minimum Requirements to install Minecraft on different devices are as follows.
Minecraft minimum requirements for Windows 10
The operating system of Windows 10 (v17135.0) or higher. The processor of AMD FX-4100 or Intel Celeron J4105. 4 GB of ram and DirectX12FL11. The video card is also essential, i.e., AMD Radeon R5 or Intel HD Graphics 4000
Minecraft recommended requirements for Windows 10
The operating system of Windows 10 (v17135.0) or higher. The processor of AMD A8-6600K or Intel i7-6500U. 8 GB of ram and DirectX12FL11. The video card is also essential, i.e., AMD Radeon HD 8570D or NVIDIA GeForce 940M.
You can enjoy Minecraft on PS4 and PS5 only. Moreover, you can quickly get download and install from the PlayStation store.
Suppose you have an Xbox and want to play Minecraft. Then you must have either these Xbox devices or upgrade. List includes Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox One.
Furthermore, you must have an Xbox One OS. If you meet these requirements, you can finally install Minecraft from the Microsoft Store on Xbox.