How to Fix clr20r3 error? [100% Working]
When the clr20r3 error occur?
This error mainly happens when Windows Media editions are unable to show/record videos or attempt to sync the computer with BlackBerry or with some mobile devices. It also occurs on Microsoft Dot Net Framework and the time of MS-SQL server installation. Means it is not able to read some files which are corrupted.
What Cause the Clr20r3 Error in your system?
The error Clr20r3 is caused by corrupt application files and systems that initiate bugs in the programs. Sometimes PC cannot able to access registry files that require a particular program or function. There may be some reasons to make this file corruption. They are as follow.
- The main reason for this error is that the operating system may not have access to certain application register keys, but that applications must be enabled or enabled. In this situation, it throws the Clr20r3 error.
- If your system has errors and problems.
- Sometimes you can not process the information which you need to do the work.
- Maybe Someone transmits some virus to your machine.
How does the Error look like?
The Problem Signature Shows the detail below.
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: article submitter.exe
Problem Signature 02: 220.127.116.11
Problem Signature 03: 4d41115f
Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing
Problem Signature 05: 18.104.22.168
Problem Signature 06: 4a275e83
Problem Signature 07: 7af
Problem Signature 08: 6c
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Here comes the Screen Shot of the exact Error.
This definitely needs a repair process to work properly.
Sometimes it also displays in the form
“Program” has stopped working Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Method 1: Fix for MSSQL Server installer
You may face above issue during the installation of MS-SQL server. If so, then try to Restart your computer and reinstall the Server. Mostly it happens in MS-SQL server 2005 or updated one.
Method 2: Scan Registry
Before attempting any solution to this problem, the first thing you should consider is the deepest scan of your computer’s registry. The operating system is based on the most important files, options, and settings. So it is very important to scan that.
For this process, you need a good system repair scanner.
BUY CLEANER SOFTWARE
Method 3: Rewrite Windows Media Center components.
The most powerful method to fix this bug is to rewrite Windows Media Center components. Then a question arises in your mind, that how to rewrite the components of Windows Media Center components?. Follow the below steps.
- Make sure that your system is started with administrative privileges.
- Once you have started, Go to Start -> Run, hit cmd (Command Prompt), and click OK.
- After Command Prompt gets opened then type the below commands one by one.
4. If you have done the above commands, then now try to open Windows media center now.
Method 4: Fix for DotNet Framework
If the error is for your Microsoft .net framework then use below steps.
- Go to Start -> Run, hit cmd (Command Prompt), and click OK.
- After prompt gets opened then type the below command.
Method 5: Windows Media Center reinstallation
- Open System in Administrator rights.
- Go to Control Panel–>Programs.
- Below that, you have Turn Windows features on or off.
- A popup window will appear in the name of Window Feature. You have Media Feature and that allows you to expand that by hitting the (+) icon. From the below list untick the Window Media Center.
- Now Restart your computer and Reinstall the Window Media center again.
Method 6: Rewrite All .dll Files
If you have any arbitrator media applications running on your computer? If so, remove it and fix it. For Example, any other WINDVD, Pen drive etc. Better you uninstall that kind of software.
But be careful during the removal process. I suggest you use some tool like Max Uninstaller. The reason for using this tool is to remove all notes, registry entries, and redundant folders during your usual uninstallation, during the uninstall application process.
Steps to do this process:
- Start your system with administrative privileges.
- Go to Start –> Run –> CMD .
- After the Command prompt gets opened then type the following commands one by one.
regsvr32 wmp.dll ·
Later Restart the computer and try to open Windows Media Center. If The Error Still persists then that may be the reason due to a bad user profile account. To rectify this, see completely new user credentials and see if everything works correctly.
Method 7: Update .NET framework
Even though there is the chance in your system running the NET architecture has expired. Thus, as a possible solution, you can log in to Microsoft’s website and download the latest installer from the following link.
Method 8: Clear Windows DRM Cache
The Windows DRM cache stores more and more temporary data on your computer, which takes up valuable space. It can store personal data like a password or browsing history in a registry or file system. The easiest way to erase this data is to download AppCleaner, which is 100% free and the size of 1 MB.
Examine the following file system locations to clean your file system from the files stored with the Windows DRM cache and to get free disk space. First, open a window in a command line:
- Press the Windows key, usually placed between the left keys of your keyboard.
- Go to–> Run.
- Type CMD and Press Enter key.
- In the newly opened command prompt window type the following commands.
dir /s %ALLUSERSPROFILE%MicrosoftWindowsDRMCache*
dir /s %LOCALAPPDATA%VirtualStoreProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsDRMCache*
For Windows Vista:
dir /s %ALLUSERSPROFILE%Application DataMicrosoftWindowsDRMCache*
dir /s %USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication
As soon as you have found the files kept with the Windows DRM cache, you must clean them by using the ‘del’ command or Windows Explorer.
You can also follow the below steps to clear DRM cache files.
- Make sure that you have started on your computer with administrative privileges.
- Go to Search programs and files box.
- Type %systemdrive%programdatamicrosoftdrm and enter it.
- This will bring the Cache folder files. Simply delete all the files in the folder, by right-clicking them and Delete.
Method 9: Rewrite Windows Media Center
This other step consists of rearranging Windows Media Center by eliminating a major database file. By using this method, you can take the application from scratch itself. To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Start your system with administrative privileges.
- Go to Start–> Search programs and files –> Type ‘%systemdrive%programdatamicrosoftehome’
- Press the Enter button in your keyboard.
Method 10: Change display language (Unicode):
Unicode fonts do not have Unicode language fonts when running on the computer, you get these Clr20r3 errors in when trying to run a different application than Windows Media Center.
- Start your computer with administrator privileges.
- Go to Control Panel.
- You can able to see a Change display language option under Clock, Language, and Region.
- That opens a new applet window named Region and Language.
- Under that, you have four tabs. Go to Administrative
- You have Change system locale option under that.
- Region and Language Settings will get open. Select English and click OK.
If you follow all this at some point “Program” has stopped working Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 is fixed.
Are you facing connection refused error? then read the below article.
Originally posted 2021-11-11 12:56:41.